|Reports Directly To:
To develop project proposals, plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict project deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Projects Manager will also define the projects’ objectives and oversee quality control throughout the projects’ life cycle.
|Key Areas of Responsibilities
- Lead the development of project concepts and proposals. This can include one or more of the following: (a) Writing the concept and proposal (b) Managing a proposal writing team composed of internal and external experts (c) Drafting a monitoring and evaluation plan and/or log frame (d) Identifying and securing local, regional and international organizations to partner with (e) Collecting baseline/background information for project budgeting (f) Reviewing draft concept notes and proposals and providing feedback to team or Director (g) working with head of Finance and Admin to complete budget.
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverable that support the organization’s goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
- Coordinate and provide technical leadership and support to project teams
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work
- Develop project requirement documents such as project implementation plan and project implementation schedule; deliver progress reports, proposals and presentations.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crisis and devise contingency plans
- Supervise training activities
- Represent the organization to donors and government officials
- Build, develop and manage donor/client relationships
- Liaise with Donors to initiate energy enterprise development
- A Master’s Degree (MSc) in any of the following: Engineering, Energy and Environmental Economics, Energy Management, Development Economics, Energy Studies/Finance, Development Planning, Social/Development Policy, Environmental Science or any related field
- Minimum of 5 years management-level experience, preferably in an Non-Governmental organization(NGO)
- A broad understanding of the various aspects of fundraising and advocacy issues
- Extensive experience in conducting research and reporting to technical and non-technical audiences
- Substantial skills and field experience of project management, monitoring and evaluation
- Experience in implementing and reporting on donor funded project
- Excellent presentation, communication, facilitation and report writing skills
- Good team player, pragmatic and patient negotiator with solution orientated approach.
- A self-starter with the ability to manage multiple projects and work were necessary to short deadlines
- Cultural sensitivity and ability to respect and work well with people from different backgrounds and disciplines
- Possess inter-personal and communication skills
- Computer literacy in MS Office and Internet use
|Applicants are invited to send a cover letter illustrating their suitability for the above positions, and detailed curriculum vitae, with names and addresses of three referees (including telephone, fax numbers and email address) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. The successful candidate will be based in the Accra Office.