||HEAD – FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION
|Reports Directly To:
Directly responsible for the organisation’s Finance and Administrative function.
Provides technical and professional support in the area of grant management, finance, accounting and administration.
|Key Areas of Responsibilities
- Responsible for establishing, implementing and monitoring of the organisations’
administrative, financial and internal control policies and procedures
- Manages the administration of KITE’s finances with the support of the Executive
Director and according to approved rules and regulations of KITE’s financial procedures
- Assist Director in formulating strategies for long – term financial plans for KITE
- Review and advice on the project proposal/budget preparation in regard to compliance
issues for all prospective sources of funding
- Ensure accounting practices and financial reports comply with relevant accounting and
auditing professional standards
- Prepares, in collaboration with Executive Director, annual budgets, cash flow and
budget monitoring records.
- Responsible for tracking revenues from all funding sources
- Provides on-the-job training to admin and finance officers as required.
- Ensure that all financial reporting obligations are met in relation to grant financial
reports, submissions for funding, grant aid, contracts and any other initiatives.
- Responsible for the negotiation and selection of external auditors and act as the
organisation’s representative to auditors.
- Ensure the organisation is in compliance with legal and statutory regulations
- Provides management with monthly, quarterly, semi-annually and annual projects and
financial reports using the organisation’s accounting software
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with bankers and other statutory
- Responsible for the overall financial, administrative and human resource management
- Provides financial information and support to all projects being implemented and
managed in KITE
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Accounting and part professional
qualification from any recognised accounting body.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in finance, accounting and administration.
Previous experience with non-profits organisation an asset.
- Knowledge and experience in grant accounting and financial management of projects involving local and international donors.
- Demonstrable experience and skill with budget preparation and analysis, project planning, financial reporting, preparation and presentation, and the proven ability to understand technical grant financial requirements.
- Computer proficient in Microsoft suite (word, excel, power point, outlook etc.)
- Proficiency in Computerised Accounting Software preferably Quick Books Accounting Software
- Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Excellent oral and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Multitasking skills
- Willingness to work for longer hours
|Applicants are invited to send a cover letter illustrating their suitability for the above
positions, and detailed curriculum vitae, with names and addresses of three referees
(including telephone, fax numbers and email address) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only
shortlisted applicants will be contacted. The successful candidate will be based in the Accra